[Cake] A few puzzling Cake results

Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant kevin at darbyshire-bryant.me.uk
Wed Apr 18 14:16:20 EDT 2018

> On 18 Apr 2018, at 19:11, Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <toke at toke.dk> wrote:
>
> Jonas Mårtensson <martensson.jonas at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Dave, in the thread referenced earlier that led to this change you said:
>>
>> "The loss of throughput here compared to non-ingress mode is a blocker for
>> mainlining and for that matter, wedging this into lede."
>>
>> I'm curious, what would the latency be in Toke's experiment with
>> non-ingress mode and with the 4 MTU change reverted? The same as for
>> fq_codel?
>
> Yeah, I'm planning to run some more tests with and without ingress mode
> and with and without the target scaling. Just need to finish writing up
> the paper on Cake first; there's a deadline looming on Friday…

I know this can be writted betterrer but I think this is the sort of thing we’re pondering over?

https://github.com/ldir-EDB0/sch_cake/commit/334ae4308961e51eb6ad0d08450cdcba558ef4e3

Warning: compiles, not yet actually run in any way whatsoever ;-)

Cheers,

Kevin D-B

012C ACB2 28C6 C53E 9775  9123 B3A2 389B 9DE2 334A