[Cake] Pre-print of Cake paper available

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Tue Apr 24 04:45:14 EDT 2018

Pete Heist <pete at eventide.io> writes:

>> On Apr 24, 2018, at 7:58 AM, Jonathan Morton <chromatix99 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Turning NAT support on by default might actually be reasonable, since
>> it doesn't really break anything if it's not needed - it just eats a
>> bit of CPU with unnecessary conntrack lookups.
>
> I would be for it, if it eats say < 1% additional CPU, and preferably
> less. I expect the impact to increase with packet rates.

I'm a bit worried that the way it is implemented now, if we turn it on
by default we risk activating conntrack even when it was otherwise
disabled... That would be a bad side effect, so I think it's better to
be safe and leave it for userspace to enable (which, again, we could do
by default in sqm-scripts).

-Toke