[Cake] Pre-print of Cake paper available

Pete Heist pete at eventide.io
Tue Apr 24 05:36:35 EDT 2018

> On Apr 24, 2018, at 11:15 AM, Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <toke at toke.dk> wrote:
>
> Well, you could use it on an ISP backhaul by having a separate CAKE
> instance per customer, and having another mechanism to assign customer
> traffic to each.

Yep, am aware of that possibility, and the setup fun that would entail. :)

> But yeah, having a single instance of CAKE solve all of your customer
> shaping problems is probably not in scope currently... ;)

That’s why in the end I think it’s good that the paper makes it clear that the target is home gateways (it’s right in the title). It was designed and implemented with that and mind, and if it were advertised for another purpose without more work, the paper might start to get that “it slices, it dices” feel… :)