[Cake] inbound cake or fq_codel shaping fails on cable on netflix reno

Ryan Mounce ryan at mounce.com.au
Mon Jul 23 22:17:21 EDT 2018

> On 24 July 2018 at 00:14, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
>> what does the fast.com test do to you with and without inbound shaping
>> on your link?

Sorry, brain dead today and didn't properly read your original email.
I have now got flent up and running on macOS, see attached unshaped +
80% ingress shaped results.

I will be able to get results in a couple of days time from an oddball
DOCSIS 3.0 connection. Despite the different last mile access
technology it is via the same wholesaler as my FTTdp connection. They
police traffic on their aggregation switches rather than shaping on
the CMTS, while the retailer shapes traffic on their BNG.

Ryan.