[Cake] Does the latest cake support "tc filter"?

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Thu May 17 06:42:51 EDT 2018

Fushan Wen <qydwhotmail at gmail.com> writes:

> Hello developers,
> I've seen the mail in the netdev mailing list, saying "other tc
> filters supported". So can I use "tc filter" to attach specified
> traffic to a specified tin without DSCP marks? It's helpful when
> dealing with ingress traffic where iptables DSCP mark won't work.

Yes, the version submitted to upstream supports this. You can override
which tin packets goes in by setting skb->priority from a filter or
application (the major number needs to be set to the qdisc ID, and the
minor number becomes the tin to queue packets in).

However, these changes have not been backported, so they are not
available in the cobalt branch. You can pull them from the upstream-4.18
branch instead. That should build against a current net-next tree, and
possibly a bit older. Alternatively, you can pull the current patches
from patchwork and use those. Or wait for a backport after we're done
with the upstream submission :)

-Toke