[Cake] cake in dd-wrt

Sebastian Gottschall s.gottschall at newmedia-net.de
Tue Aug 20 14:10:57 EDT 2019

>> we are already using filters. yes. its just that cake is acting always
>> as root and we have different sorts of qos configurations. so you have
>> wan. but we may have multiple lan interfaces with individual qos
>> settings. the same for mac / ip based user settings. so in fact we need
>> to create a individual qdisc for each of these setting types in worst
>> case, but in that case we cannot take in account the global available
>> bandwidth anymore.
> Ah, right, I see. So this is things like users wanting to limit a
> specific type of traffic to a certain bandwidth?
basicly yes. there are multiple ways. plain traffic shaping by local
interface name, by local mac, by local ip/net
and in addition there is shaping by port based or dpi based packet
detection and since each instance of cake doesnt know of any other
use of cake qdiscs its getting complicated. but we just started with
working on it. i'm sure i find a solution for it