[Cake] cake in dd-wrt

Dave Taht dave at taht.net
Tue Aug 20 19:50:49 EDT 2019

Sebastian Gottschall <s.gottschall at newmedia-net.de> writes:

> to make it short. i added now fq_codel_fast to dd-wrt too.

Thank you. I note that it requires a patch that is in tc-adv.

* Fixed (1024) number of queues
* NO tc filter support
* closer to O(1) bulk dropper
* less deterministic bulk drop
* gso splitting with very preliminary SCE support
* ton of stats ripped out

As to whether or not any of these are "killer" features, I don't know. I
certainly wouldn't ship it as a built-in package in a final release -
but I would certainly love to know if it made a difference in cpu use on
lower end platforms on your userbase.

Maybe with some feedback from the field I'd be inspired to do more with
it.