[Cake] progress? dual-src/dsthost unfairness

Jonathan Morton chromatix99 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 14:31:58 EST 2019

> On 13 Feb, 2019, at 9:26 pm, <gamanakis at gmail.com> <gamanakis at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Because the flow for which cake_enqueue() is run is by definition a sparse
> one. So the host_load should be adjusted according to the sparse flow count
> for the particular host. That's my reasoning behing this, would be happy to
> hear other opinions.

On the contrary, even if a particular flow is sparse, the relevant quantum calculation should involve the number of *bulk* flows attached to the same host.  Though there is possibly an argument for making it the *sum* of the sparse and bulk flows, making it just the sparse ones is wrong.

I need to think about this a bit more.  But meanwhile, try it with the sum.