[Cake] Google summer of code

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 14:38:35 EST 2019

I started filling out the paperwork required to have bufferbloat.net
mentor a student in GSOC this year.

https://opensource.googleblog.com/2019/01/seeking-projects-for-gsoc-2019.html

Problem is, I'm stuck on potential topics! Cake's got some folk
analyzing cobalt, the new wifi code looks to land but there's no new
or old chipsets I know of that are fixable (nor do I think a student
can tackle wifi) - about the only thing I can think of thus far is to
attempt realizing the explicit load regulation (ELR) and some
congestion experienced (SGE) bit, in something like QUIC.

I liked very much that the cerowrt effort turned multiple folk into
openwrt developers, led others into kernel development, and some into
the IETF.

Any ideas for something that could fit into GSOC this summer?

CTO, TekLibre, LLC
http://www.teklibre.com
Tel: 1-831-205-9740