[Cake] COBALT implementation in ns-3 with results under different traffic scenarios

Shefali Gupta shefaligups11 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 06:35:43 EST 2019

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your inputs.

We re-looked into the COBALT implementation to understand why it drops the
first packet later than CoDel.

There was a bug in the data that was collected in 'drop timestamp files'.
We tried using a different approach to store packet drop times, and now we
see that COBALT indeed drops the first packet prior to CoDel's first packet
drop (image below). So the issue was that our previous approach of storing
the packet drop times in a file was not correct.

Let us know your opinion.
[image: image.png]
Regards,
Shefali Gupta