[Cake] COBALT implementation in ns-3 with results under different traffic scenarios

Shefali Gupta shefaligups11 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 12:27:33 EST 2019

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks!

First, we noticed that cobalt_cache_init method was not implemented in ns-3
COBALT, so we implemented it (but this wasn't the main reason for the wrong
behaviour).

Later, we found that the data types used in the implementation of COBALT in
ns-3  were different from those used in Linux.

e.g., uint32_t was used instead of int64_t for the variables with
datatype ktime_t in Linux.

Results improved considerably after these changes.

We will update the wiki with latest results.

Regards,
Shefali Gupta
Jendaipou Palmei