[Cake] lockup with multiple cake instances on 3.16.7

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at redhat.com
Thu Jan 31 09:53:07 EST 2019

Pete Heist <pete at heistp.net> writes:

> Thanks much for the try, only that didn’t fix it yet.

Hmm, bugger :/

> I also tried
> changing two more calls to sch_tree_lock/unlock in cake_change to the
> maybe versions (recognizing that those may have still been there on
> purpose), but I still see the lockup. Even commented all the lock
> calls out to make sure.

No, the other calls I left in on purpose; when changing configuration
the lock *should* be held.

Well, the backtrace is definitely hanging on that lock in
gnet_stats_start_copy_compat(). If it's not related to the CAKE logging,
I guess it must be a bug in the upstream kernel; which we probably can't
fix from the cake side anyway.

I don't suppose you can reproduce this on a newer kernel?

-Toke