[Cake] The "Some Congestion Experienced" ECN codepoint - a new internet draft -

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 14:04:36 EDT 2019

I would love to have some fresh eyeballs on a new IETF draft for the
TSVWG we intend to submit tonight.

I've attached the html for easy to read purposes, but I would prefer
that folk referred back to the github repository for the most current
version, which is here:

https://github.com/dtaht/bufferbloat-rfcs/blob/master/sce/draft-morton-taht-SCE.txt

and in open source tradition, discuss here, or file bugs, and submit
pull requests to the gitub.

The first draft (of 3 or more pending), is creating the SCE codepoint
and defining the state machine, is pretty short, and we think the
basic concept solves a zillion problems with ECN in one stroke. It's
easy to implement (one line of code in codel), backward compatible
with all the RFCs, and somewhat incompatible with the stalled out TCP
Prague/dualpi effort in the IETF.

We have several other drafts in progress which I increasingly doubt
we'll finish today, but I think only this one is required to get an
audience in the tsvwg at the coming IETF meeting.

If ya have any comments and spare time today, I'd like to get the
first draft in tonight, and the filing deadline for final drafts is
sometime tomorrow. It may help for context to review some of the other
work in the github repo.

THX!

CTO, TekLibre, LLC
http://www.teklibre.com