[Cake] act_conndscp

Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant kevin at darbyshire-bryant.me.uk
Wed Mar 20 04:25:31 EDT 2019

> On 20 Mar 2019, at 03:31, Ryan Mounce <ryan at mounce.com.au> wrote:
>
> On Wed, 20 Mar 2019 at 07:57, Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant
> <kevin at darbyshire-bryant.me.uk> wrote:
>>

>>> On 19 Mar 2019, at 21:24, Ryan Mounce <ryan at mounce.com.au> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Kevin,
>>>
>>> I've finally applied your patches, compiled, and flashed on my router.
>>> Could you share your tc filter action for conndscp to get me started?
>>
>> Ahh! Ooops yes knew I forgot something - here’s my hacked up sqm-scripts/my_layer_cake.qos
>
> Okay... I've just spent far longer than I'd like to admit relearning
> the basics of tc filter in order to minify my scripts, but everything
> is working now. See attached for my usage. I'm back to using the
> Turris Omnia which has more than enough grunt to handle my 100/40
> link, so I haven't put much thought into optimisation.
>
> The only gotcha I ran into with your patch is the explanation
>
>> MODE get (typically ingress) set (typically egress)
>
> This is backwards, but it's confusing anyway. 'get' also sets bits in
> the connmark while 'set' also gets bits from the connmark.

Dammit!  And yes it shows how confusing and how easy it is to get confused with the get/set terminology.

> I'd suggest changing 'get' to 'save', and 'set' to 'restore'.
> <ryans-cake.txt>

Fortunately the patch was sent as an RFC to netdev and I’m sure they’ll have other things to fix/clarify at the same time.

Thanks for putting your router/s in the testing firing line.  So that’s at least two of us doing fun DSCP shenanigans on our routers :-)

Cheers,

Kevin D-B

gpg: 012C ACB2 28C6 C53E 9775  9123 B3A2 389B 9DE2 334A