[Cake] act_conndscp

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Wed Mar 20 04:38:56 EDT 2019

Hi Kevin,

Impressive! I had a look at your_layer_cake.qos, and with half the brain at my disposal currently, I am confused. I had thought the idea is to set dscp marks on internal hosts or the LAN interface ofva router and copy those to incoming packets of the same flow, but you seem to set dscps in ingress. What am missing?
I ask because I fully bought your cool-aid ;)  I want a "mode" for sqm scripts where easy to set and control egress dscp from internal hosts is also used for ingress packets of the same flows. I also bought your argument to preferably only do that once per flow hook line and sinker.

AFAICT this is one feature that would solve a lot of issues regarding dscps in home networks. Especially in the light of how easy it turned out to dscp mark packets on windows10, and a lot of the potential dscp users come from the gaming crowd and need something that works on Windows. Sidenote, I really like how easy win10 makes it to dscp marks all egress packets of a given binary, I wish I knew a similarly straightforward way to do this in Linux and macosx....

Thanks for this cool feature....