[Cake] Advantages to tightly tuning latency

Justin Kilpatrick justin at althea.net
Tue Apr 21 19:06:52 EDT 2020

On Tue, Apr 21, 2020, at 2:44 PM, Dave Taht wrote:
> It has always been my dream, that at least for outbound, there would
> be sufficient backpressure from the driver
> to not have to shape at all, or monitor the link. We have that now in
> BQL and AQL. free.fr's dsl driver "does the right thing" - no other
> dsl driver does. Nor usb network devices. I hope more folk roll up
> their sleeves and test the ath10k some, it's looking lovely from here.
>
> https://forum.openwrt.org/t/aql-and-the-ath10k-is-lovely/
>
> next up either the new mediatek chip or intel..

I'm curious if you have any opinions about the WiFi stacks for the Marvel Armada and Qualcomm IPQ40xx. Any trees I should be barking up for better performance? We have had some complaints in higher interference areas...

These devices have the best WireGuard performance per dollar for Althea's use case so we're deploying them pretty heavily.

--
  Justin Kilpatrick
  justin at althea.net