[Cake] Advantages to tightly tuning latency

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 12:28:53 EDT 2020

On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 4:57 AM Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <toke at redhat.com> wrote:

> Maxime Bizon <mbizon at freebox.fr> writes:
>
> > On Wednesday 22 Apr 2020 à 07:48:43 (-0700), Dave Taht wrote:
> >
> > Hello,

> >> They're working on it. :)
> >
> > yes indeed.
> >
> > Switching to softmac approach, so now mac80211 will do rate control
> > and scheduling (using wake_tx_queue model).
> >
> > for 5ghz, we use ath10k
>
> That is awesome! Please make sure you include the AQL patch for ath10k,
> it really works wonders, as Dave demonstrated:
>
> https://lists.bufferbloat.net/pipermail/make-wifi-fast/2020-March/002721.html

and THIS patch is looking lovely at the higher rates I'm testing at.
Yea, it needs to be more robust, but I'm seeing tcp rtt inflation
of exactly the right buffer size (15ms), on an HT20 or VHT80 link,
where before I'd see 30+ms... (it's nice that flent can plot both tcp
rtt and ping rtt now),
ecn "just works",