[Cake] Cake tin behaviour - discuss....

Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant kevin at darbyshire-bryant.me.uk
Sat Apr 25 07:07:03 EDT 2020

I’m confused as to what the ‘correct' behaviour should be under the following (real life) scenario:

Downstream VDSL wan link 79.5Mbit/s cake shaped to 77Mbit/s - diffserv4, so Bulk 4.8Mbit, Best effort 77Mbit, Video 38.5, Voice 19.

Download from ‘onedrive’ from 1 box, using 5 flows, classified as Bulk.  Little other traffic going on, sits there at circa 70Mbit, no problem.

If I started another download on another box, say 5 flows, classified as Best Effort, what rates would you expect the Bulk & Best effort tins to flow at?

Cheers,

Kevin D-B

gpg: 012C ACB2 28C6 C53E 9775  9123 B3A2 389B 9DE2 334A