[Cake] DSCP ramblings

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 13:45:01 EDT 2020

On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 10:17 AM Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant
<kevin at darbyshire-bryant.me.uk> wrote:

> > On 22 Apr 2020, at 17:20, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > and because of your I'm off building collectd because those graphs
> > look so good. :)
>
> Oh dear, sorry about that :-)  The collection bit https://github.com/ldir-EDB0/packages/commit/932bb4b022bdbf3ab0fa1e43842f7c94da7f046a
> The display bit https://github.com/ldir-EDB0/luci/commit/a0a95da1703079887a85c4d9b6929e74d2c77a29
>
> Don’t break it, or if you do, send fixes ;-)

I just - amazingly - for being years out of practice - before my first
cup of coffee - patched openwrt for reducing the codel target, updated
babeld to 1.9.2, and the kernel to 5.4... reflashed a ubnt mesh ap...
and it worked, first time. I am afraid to push my luck, further.

> The idea of using collectd_exec and hence a sh script was the quickest way of spinning something up.  It is inherently going to be heavier than a proper C based plugin/collector…and beyond my skill/patience limits

I get it. :)

My intent however is to somehow have the collector send stuff back to
another collector elsewhere and not
store anything locally. haven't figured out how to do that. (The
uap-lite mesh only has 8MB flash)

>(You should have seen how many combinations of ‘*' & ‘&’ were involved in getting https-dns-proxy/lubcurl "static curl_socket_t opensocket_callback(void *clientp, curlsocktype purpose, struct curl_sockaddr *addr)  (void)setsockopt(sock, IPPROTO_IPV6, IP_TOS, (int *)clientp, sizeof(int));” to work :-) )

the cdecl tool is your friend here.

--
Make Music, Not War

Dave Täht