[Cake] Patch "sch_cake: avoid possible divide by zero in cake_enqueue()" has been added to the 4.19-stable tree

Kevin 'ldir' Darbyshire-Bryant ldir at darbyshire-bryant.me.uk
Sun Jan 12 04:53:40 EST 2020

> On 11 Jan 2020, at 21:38, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thank you for all the gymnastics to keep cake alive in openwrt.
>
> I would still like there to be a sce branch of the out of tree work
> that I could point people at
> in my lca talk this week, but I understand that's increasingly difficult.

Jonathan advised me that the version of SCE in CAKE was out of date and we didn’t really want openwrt accidentally using the bonus features, hence the ‘no objection’ to removing all the non upstream kernel stuff from master.  Perhaps creating an ’SCE’ feature branch is the way forward?  Wireguard recently went through a similar change in that now wireguard is in (very recent) kernels, Jason has split development repos into something like ‘Wireguard for upstream’, ‘Wireguard for out-of-tree with loads of compat stubs’ & ‘wireguard userspace tools’.

We have a similar problem in that we have requirement for ‘cake for upstream’, ‘cake for out-of-tree’ & ‘cake for out-of-tree feature dev'

Cheers,

Kevin