[Cake] [Starlink] [Make-wifi-fast] [Cerowrt-devel] Due Aug 2: Internet Quality workshop CFP for the internet architecture board

Bob McMahon bob.mcmahon at broadcom.com
Sun Aug 8 01:15:35 EDT 2021

We have hundreds of test rigs in multiple labs all over geography. Each rig
is shielded from the others using things like RF enclosures. We want
reproducibility in the RF paths/channels as well as variability. Most have
built fixed rigs using conducted equipment. This is far from anything real.
A butler matrix produces great condition numbers but that makes it too easy
for MIMO rate selection algorithms.

Our real world test is using a real house that has been rented. Not cheap
nor scalable.

There is quite a gap between the two. A RF path device that supports both
variable range and variable mixing is a step towards closing the gap.

Bob