[Cake] [Starlink] [Make-wifi-fast] [Cerowrt-devel] Due Aug 2: Internet Quality workshop CFP for the internet architecture board

Dick Roy dickroy at alum.mit.edu
Sun Aug 8 01:07:10 EDT 2021

  _____

From: Starlink [mailto:starlink-bounces at lists.bufferbloat.net] On Behalf Of
Bob McMahon
Sent: Monday, August 2, 2021 6:24 PM
To: Leonard Kleinrock
Cc: starlink at lists.bufferbloat.net; Make-Wifi-fast; Cake List;
codel at lists.bufferbloat.net; cerowrt-devel; bloat
Subject: Re: [Starlink] [Cake] [Make-wifi-fast] [Cerowrt-devel] Due Aug 2:
Internet Quality workshop CFP for the internet architecture board

I found the following talk relevant to distances between all the nodes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNoUcQTCxiM

Distance is an abstract idea but applies to energy into a node as well as
phylogenetic trees. It's the same problem, i.e. fitting a distance matrix
using some sort of tree. I've found the five branch tree works well for four
nodes.

[RR] These trees are means for approximating a higher dimensional real-world
problem with a lower dimensional structure.  You may be doing this to save
hardware when trying to cable up some complex test scenarios, however I'm
wondering why?  Why not just put the STAs in the lab and turn them on rather
than cabling them?

Bob