[Cake] bringing up a new router/connection

xnor xnoreq at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 20:11:32 EST 2021

Hello David,

connect to the router over ssh and run top. What's the top load line(s)
with usr, sys, ... softirq look like during a download speedtest?

Anyway, according to some review it should be able to route about
700-800 Mbps WAN->LAN, with the original firmware. This is probably only
possible with hardware offloading.
Even if there was no bottleneck I wouldn't expect getting even remotely
close to that with cake also on ingress.

The only device I have to compare to yours is a smaller TP-Link router
with the same routing performance but a QCA9563 (750 MHz single core)
and I wouldn't use that for anything above 100 Mbps.