[Cake] tossing acks into the background queue

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 00:03:03 EST 2021

ages ago I'd (we'd? I really don't remember - forgive me if I've
forgotten who actually leaned in on it) written a basic ack-filter in
ebpf. this was before cake gained tc actions and my primary use for
the tech was for asymmetric connections, and before the good
ack-filter arrived, and I was (and remain) unfriendly to this level of
dpi.

That said, on a symmetric connection, deprioritizing pure acks to the
5% background queue nd then turning the cake ack-filter loose on it
might actually work.

Am I on drugs/is there any point?

--
I tried to build a better future, a few times:
https://wayforward.archive.org/?site=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.icei.org

Dave Täht CEO, TekLibre, LLC