[Cake] Oct 2-6 wispa-apalooza conference in las vegas

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 06:30:53 EDT 2022

I am speaking (talking about rfc7567's demand for fq+aqm on
everything), moderating a panel, and haunting a booth or two, guitar
in hand, at this WISP-oriented conference. A lot of things I(we've)
been working on this past year are coming to a head here, everything
from coping with the broadband maps debacle, the FCC not taking ookla
or samknows latency under load data, and the $60B NTIA broadband fund
programs still not funding ipv6, to the new openwrt and mikrotik
releases, to seeing cake and fq_codel enter more ISP middleboxes via
preseem and libreqos. Anyone here going?

https://wispaevents.org/booth-map/

Rumor has it that at least one new PtMP WISP radio will have fq_codel
in it, in addition to the mikrotik, openwifi and ISPAPP stuff. There
are a bunch of other products there, when I went last time, that were
running "our stuff" (most didn't know it). It's not a hugely technical
conference, but in particular if you want to learn more than you ever
wanted to know about the current state of outdoor fixed wireless,
fiber, and legal stuff, very worth doing. And the food is good.

I like WISP folk a lot, the kind of ornery old-fashioned american
small businessfolk that get s**t done. In my case I'm going to try and
drum up a bit of business for "network tuneups" and custom openwrt
builds, in addition to getting a feel for the state of things in DC.

Bringing funnels.

--
FQ World Domination pending: https://blog.cerowrt.org/post/state_of_fq_codel/
Dave Täht CEO, TekLibre, LLC