[Cake] some comprehensive arm64 w/cake results

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sun Oct 15 11:53:49 EDT 2023

really lovely, thank you. I hope we can get flent fixed. That risc
result was awful. Does it have BQL? Are there specs on the ethernet
interface?

This risc-v beaglebone just came out today:
https://www.beagleboard.org/boards/beaglev-ahead

On Sun, Oct 15, 2023 at 8:11 AM dave seddon <dave.seddon.ca at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>
> The switch has also been upgraded to a Cisco 3750x, which I think based on the "show interface" output has a max queue size of 40 frames.  The test process clears the counters before each test and gathers the "show interface" output at the end.
>
> The Lichee Pi 4A doesn't look good ( https://wiki.sipeed.com/hardware/en/lichee/th1520/lp4a.html )
>

> I really wish the flent was working, so I'll probably see if I can work out the parsing.
>
> Thanks,
> Dave Seddon
>
> On Fri, Oct 13, 2023 at 10:25 AM dave seddon <dave.seddon.ca at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> My bad.  There's a bug for this.... Looks like I have to downgrade fping
>>
>> https://github.com/tohojo/flent/issues/232
>> https://github.com/schweikert/fping/issues/203
>>
>> On Fri, Oct 13, 2023 at 8:59 AM dave seddon <dave.seddon.ca at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> G'day,
>>>
>>> I've been working away on automation of the tests.  Pretty close to having much nicer tests with a lot more details.  I've also got the risc-v device working.
>>>
>>> However, I've run into something funny with flent.  Flent is not happy with fping or ping.
>>>
>>> das at 3rd:~/Downloads/cake/cmd/run_qdiscs_tests$ /usr/bin/sudo /usr/sbin/ip netns exec network101 /usr/bin/flent rrul --output  /tmp/qdisc/2023-10-13T15:53:21/pi4/noqueue/flent/test/15_flent/flent_pi4_noqueue.png --data-dir /tmp/qdisc/2023-10-13T15:53:21/pi4/noqueue/flent/test/15_flent/ --format summary --plot all_scaled --title-extra 2023-10-13T15:53:21_pi4_noqueue --note 2023-10-13T15:53:21_pi4_noqueue --extended-metadata --host 172.17.51.10 --length 60 --ipv4 --socket-stats
>>> Starting Flent 2.0.1 using Python 3.10.12.
>>> Starting rrul test. Expected run time: 70 seconds.
>>> WARNING: Found fping, but couldn't parse its output. Not using.              <---------------- ???
>>> ERROR: Runner Ping (ms) ICMP failed check: Cannot parse output of the system ping binary (/usr/bin/ping). Please install fping v3.5+.    <----- ??
>>>
>>> das at 3rd:~/Downloads/cake/cmd/run_qdiscs_tests$ dpkg --list | grep ping
>>> ii  fping                                 5.1-1                                   amd64        sends ICMP ECHO_REQUEST packets to network hosts
>>> ii  iputils-ping                          3:20211215-1                            amd64        Tools to test the reachability of network hosts
>>> ii  kpartx                                0.8.8-1ubuntu1.22.04.1                  amd64        create device mappings for partitions
>>> ii  libharfbuzz0b:amd64                   2.7.4-1ubuntu3.1                        amd64        OpenType text shaping engine (shared library)
>>> das at 3rd:~/Downloads/cake/cmd/run_qdiscs_tests$ fping --version
>>> fping: Version 5.1
>>> das at 3rd:~/Downloads/cake/cmd/run_qdiscs_tests$ ping -V
>>> ping from iputils 20211215
>>>
>>> das at 3rd:~/Downloads/cake/cmd/run_qdiscs_tests$ cat /etc/lsb-release
>>> DISTRIB_RELEASE=22.04
>>> DISTRIB_CODENAME=jammy

--
Oct 30: https://netdevconf.info/0x17/news/the-maestro-and-the-music-bof.html