[Cake] some comprehensive arm64 w/cake results

Jonathan Morton chromatix99 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 08:33:11 EDT 2023

> On 28 Sep, 2023, at 3:15 pm, Sebastian Moeller <moeller0 at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> This promises even better performance for loads like cake than the already pretty nifty pi4B

Well, increased computing performance is always welcome - but as I've said before, in most cases I don't think CPU performance is the limiting factor for CAKE.

When the CPU load goes up as networking throughput reaches the physical limit of the interface (or the I/O subsystem), what you're seeing is the CPU just spinning its wheels while waiting for a mutex to unblock.  Spinning faster doesn't make the mutex unblock sooner!