[Cerowrt-devel] going with a newer netperf

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 17:27:26 PST 2011

This is like, I think, the 9th email regarding future directions for
cerowrt. I am off for a little vacation this week so don't expect
a lot more from me.

... snip ...

netperf has been my primary stream creation tool for a while, I find the
TCP_STREAM, TCP_MAERTS, and TCP_RR tests very helpful.

Rick Jones has been busy adding interesting features such as tos setting,
priority setting, and most recently tcp congestion control setting over the
past year.

These changes have broken backward compatability with netperf 2.5, but
moving forward in the next release cycle of cerowrt,
I'm also willing to break backward compatability in order to more fully
test the above features. I have no idea when Rick plans
a new release, but I suppose he'd like some more testing himself.

And:

I'd also LOVE to find something that could compute "jain's fairness index"
against packet captures of multiple streams.

However, even that appears insensitive to sending mountainous waves of
packets across the internet, so long as they are 'fair'.

SKYPE: davetaht
US Tel: 1-239-829-5608
FR Tel: 0638645374
http://www.bufferbloat.net