[Cerowrt-devel] delays: trying to beat a performance issue on ipv6

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 12:35:27 EDT 2012

I had intended to work on a few other things, but we're making good
progress on making ipv6 perform well on this platform

http://www.bufferbloat.net/issues/360

However if anybody's got a monster 6 or 8 or 10 or 12 core box(es) and
tons of ram, it would be really handy right now, not just to turn
around some quick kernel patches, but cope with the ongoing buildbot
problem....

http://buildbot.openwrt.org:8010/tgrid

Due to these two issues.

There is now no way I'll have a build I'd consider 'beta' quality by
friday, however. I'd hoped to land the last three big items on my todo
list by today and haven't got anywhere. (kernel hacking appears to be
easier than what's on the backlog)

So we're going to end up with another small step towards a release
friday or saturday, if we're lucky.

Perhaps late next week we'll have something that is actually beta
quality. There is a pile of patches queued up for linux 3.2.2, the
core ones I tested with the last build.

If I could convince some folk to review the bug list

https://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/cerowrt/issues

to comment, prioritize, (or close!), I'd appreciate it.

SKYPE: davetaht
US Tel: 1-239-829-5608
http://www.bufferbloat.net