[Cerowrt-devel] CERO_TARGET for building on 3800 box?

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 11:18:40 EDT 2012

I really need to sit down with a couple developers trying to build
their own sources
and nail down this script. Ketan had submitted a few patches, I had a
few more, and I view this as a major bottleneck for pushing this stuff
out, that requires tweaking and deep knowledge...

So, I will argue that the best way to get a build of your own that
actually works is to contact me over irc in the #bufferbloat channel,
and we can work through the problems that come up.

In the case below, the script predates the wnd3800, and the wndr3800
is built automatically from the build, so use the wnd3700 version.

I really did want to get build_cero.sh to just work, in particular I'd
like to get it integrated with buildbot somehow.

But a little more exposure to the real world problems that come up
would help harden things more.

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 7:40 AM, Maciej Soltysiak <maciej at soltysiak.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to follow
> http://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/cerowrt/wiki/Building_CeroWrt_on_your_own_machine
> to build cerowrt on my box to be able test and to provide patches.
>
> For my WNDR3800, should I edit ~/.cero and change
> CERO_TARGET=wndr3700v2
> to:
> CERO_TARGET=wndr3800
>
> build_cero.sh init gets me: cp: cannot stat `env/config-wndr3800': No such
> file or directory
> Should I worry or change back to 3700v2 in .cero?
>
> Also, I noticed git://github.com/dtaht/cerofiles.git is replaced with
> git://github.com/dtaht/cerofiles-3-3.git on github.
> I am amending the commands and adding a step to ln -s cerofiles-3.3
> cerofiles, but should I expect it to be renamed to cerofiles in the future?
>
> Thanks,
> Maciej

SKYPE: davetaht
US Tel: 1-239-829-5608