[Cerowrt-devel] Bug #360 stomped, 3.3.2-8 is out

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 13:11:51 EDT 2012

It's at:

+ http://www.bufferbloat.net/issues/360#note-85 stomped
+ tcsh,python packages added back in
+ openssl cve (security problem) fixed

I recommend people upgrade to this release, not just for the
performance fixes, but in light of the openssl problem.

I have updated the portions of the web site that I'm aware of to point
to 3.3.2-8 as the default build now.

I have two bugs left to fix to be 'feature complete', and I have some
conflicting work to do on another project, so I hope this release
holds up for a while. Notably a replacement for the QoS system (it's
called 'AQM', and I'd like to make sure that links and pointers start
pointing at 'AQM' or 'AQM/QoS' rather than just straight QoS...

and @!#!@ dhcp-pd.

I am VERY tempted to do 'one last pull' from the openwrt mainline.
They too are now up to 3.3.2, there are some wireless fixes in there
that I haven't got, a few package upgrades (I cherry picked the
openssl fix from them), and I figure the final patch in bug #360 will
make it up to them after a little more testing.

I am so delighted to see buildbot is back to working on this
architecture, automated integration is now PERFECT...

:me wipes away stress generated tear:

So I may do that merge...

but not until AFTER I get my last two features done.

Similarly, I expect kernel 3.3.3 to be out fairly soon and I can drop
much of the patch burden.

I would be very interested to have some benchmarks come back on samba,
polipo proxy, and vpn technologies now that cero is running as fast
and as smoothly as seems possible!

Dave Täht
SKYPE: davetaht
US Tel: 1-239-829-5608