[Cerowrt-devel] 3.3.2-8 and firewall

Sebastian Moeller moeller at caltech.edu
Thu Apr 26 16:14:34 EDT 2012

Hi Dave hi list,

yesterday I upgraded to 3.3.2-8 (and did basic testing with the simple_qos.sh script, which worked okay). I have not gotten around to do proper testing of simple_qos script, but hope to do so over the next week (it will be pretty run of the mill 4M/30M cable so nothing exciting to expect). Today I tried to access the configuration interface on port 81 from my workplace (via IPv4) and was quite amazed this actually worked. In the past this never worked (and I think it would be safer a default if remote access to the configuration interface required an active decision from the user :) ). So, I went and created a custom rule to reject incoming connections on port 81 from wan (and now I can not reach the GUI from outside, I am quite curious whether I managed to wedge it for good or whether I will still be able to reach the GUI from the lag or guest section…). Now there is the possibility that I have brought this issue on myself by using the vanilla QOS scheme instead of simple_qos in production, if so please let me know.

best
	Sebastian

--
Sebastian Moeller

telephone: +1-626-325-8598 /+1-626-395-6523 / +1-626-395-6616
fax: 626-395-8826
German GSM:  +49 - 15 77 - 1 90 31 41
mobile: 	+1-626-325-8598
                +1-626-807-5242