[Cerowrt-devel] cerowrt-3.3.3-2 out

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 17:04:29 EDT 2012

And available at:

http://huchra.bufferbloat.net/~cero1/3.3/3.3.3-2/

+ dnsmasq is nearly ready for it's final release. thx simon!
+ quagga-re has working ospf now. thx denis!
+ wide-dhcpv6 is installed but not enabled by default
- miniupnpd still broke
- openwrt qos script removed entirely

While this has wide-dhcpv6 in it it is disabled by default, doesn't
interface with bind, and is otherwise rather untested as yet. I would
appreciate feedback from people with working dhcp-pd implementations
in the field to get back to me on it...

The out of tree simple_qos script continues to improve, but fixing bug
360 has caused me to throw out a whole lot of sample traces. #360
really started showing up at speeds above 25Mbit.

Getting something that works correctly at a wide variety of speed
ranges on a wide variety of technologies is going to take a lot more
work, and sample traces from volunteers, and some hairy calculations.

Also something good, but currently difficult to implement, on the aqm
front is making me rethink. At the moment I would be merely happy to
have a beta that was 'good enough', and rock stable enough to use
day-to-day, rather than have the perfect aqm using the existing tech
in cerowrt.

I have been dealing with structural and funding issues this week
mostly. This seems likely to continue into next week.

SKYPE: davetaht
US Tel: 1-239-829-5608
http://www.bufferbloat.net