[Cerowrt-devel] quick update

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 22:57:26 EDT 2012

I spent most of the week not working on cerowrt directly. In particular
I've been trying to solve the buildbot issue via any means possible.

Building another machine for another project. etc.

So:

http://huchra.bufferbloat.net/~cero1/3.3/3.3.3-2/ is still current and
working well.

This week:

Linux 3.3.4 came out and incorporated all the patches I've been
carrying out of tree.

Also, a good build popped out of the openwrt buildbot system finally!!

http://buildbot.openwrt.org:8010/builders/ar71xx/builds/4

I put up a new version of the simple_qos.sh script (

https://github.com/dtaht/deBloat/blob/master/src/simple_qos.sh

) which does a mildly better job on ingress...

BUT: the sfqred calcs are proving to be a real pita, but what's in
there seems to work pretty good
at 2Mbit up, 20 down. At  4Mbit up, 30 down, still decent but could
use some love. I'd like some feedback on ADSL.

I took a quick pass at dropping the old patches, integrating the 3.3.4
kernel into cerowrt and ran into trouble.

"patching file drivers/net/ppp/ppp_generic.c
Hunk #2 FAILED at 968.
Hunk #3 succeeded at 1047 (offset -1 lines).
Hunk #4 FAILED at 1062.
2 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- rejects in file drivers/net/ppp/ppp_generic.c
Patch generic/120-ppp_txqueue_restart.patch does not apply (enforce with -f)
make[4]: *** [/home/cero1/src/cerowrt-3.3.0/build_dir/linux-ar71xx_generic/linux-3.3.4/.quilt_checked]
Error 1
"

I am utterly certain that if I had some braincells left this would be
easy, but iproute2 and iw also broke...

And it's friday, it's 8PM, and and I'm taking the weekend off. In
fact, I'm logging out entirely.

SKYPE: davetaht
US Tel: 1-239-829-5608
http://www.bufferbloat.net