[Cerowrt-devel] dnsmasq 2.61 has landed

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 20:13:33 EDT 2012

I'm very happy to see the latest dnsmasq land with tons of dhcpv6 and slaac
support.

http://lists.thekelleys.org.uk/pipermail/dnsmasq-discuss/2012q2/005809.html

A huge hat tip to simon kelly and the dnsmasq team!

I'm running low on external things to be waiting for! Netperf is also
approaching
a 2.6 release. thx,rick!

Hipl (which I'd given up on) just came out with a release, too,
(haven't looked at it yet)

http://www.bufferbloat.net/issues/362 has fixes sort of landed, I'll get to them
soon.

That's about it.

I have remerged with openwrt head and got up to Linux 3.3.4, and we
are down to 5 traps on boot, total. (thx swalker, rbradley, ketan)

I get ~280Mbit out of netperf to the router on ipv4 and ~265Mbit out of ipv6.

(no firewall rules, no aqm, bql tuned up to 9000)

I haven't tried "through the router" yet...

I plan to run a whole bunch of tests for a couple days before pushing this out.

but: we seem to still have some networking bugs that crop up under
heavy load, and only on
ipv4 as yet.

It actually may be bugs in the test server(s) in the lab! rather than
the router(s) - there have been a few interesting patches to the
mainline kernel of late, see, for example:

http://www.bufferbloat.net/issues/376

I'm also in the final throes of finishing up my main project, so it's
looking like a good week ahead.
:crossed fingers:

SKYPE: davetaht
US Tel: 1-239-829-5608