[Cerowrt-devel] Pointers on build setup?

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 19:46:00 EDT 2012

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 4:32 PM, Maciej Soltysiak <maciej at soltysiak.com> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> I'm following the cleaned up "Building_Cerowrt_on_your_own_machine" and I
> only edited one line that wasn't right about cd'ing into a directory.

> It's compiling now, will leave it for the night.

I have found that on the 2nd build or later at the moment I have to
run this script due to some flaws in dependency generation (note I
have 6 dual threaded cores)

d at snapon:/home/cero1/src/Cerowrt-3.3$ cat buildit.sh
#!/bin/bash

make -j 12 clean
make -j 12
make V=s
make -j 12 package/e2fsprogs/{clean,compile,install}
make -j 12 package/krb5/{clean,compile,install}
make -j 12 package/pcre/{clean,compile,install}
make -j 12

It might work if you aren't doing -j12

> However, can you tell me, how far away will I be from the builds that you
> are putting up for download if I stick to the instruction and not change a
> single .config entry or add/change/remove a package?

aside from the openwrt package set, you'll be 3.3.2-something. I think
the current build was tagged with that. Whenever I get something that
I'm happy with I tag it.

Hopefully in the next week or so it should be possible to get an exact
duplicate,
or at least match up with 3.3.4-something. I'll need to create a
openwrt-packages-3.3 git repo to hold the stable stuff

And I figure half the joy is in adding your own favorite packages!

> Regards,
> Maciej
>
> On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 6:50 PM, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I have cleaned up build_cero.sh and corrected
>>

>> http://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/cerowrt/wiki/Building_Cerowrt_on_your_own_machine
>>
>> As noted elsewhere I have not pushed out the last weeks worth of changes
>> yet.
>> (if you merge from openwrt head, things will break)
>>
>> In the long run there will be a packages-3.3 on a github repo, for
>> stability.
>>

>> --
>> Dave Täht
>> SKYPE: davetaht