[Cerowrt-devel] cerowrt 3.3.8-17 is released

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 12:20:53 EDT 2012

I eliminated the "aqm" tab at least temporarily in this release, so
the proper way at the moment is to use the "qos" tab or edit the
/etc/config/qos file directly.

While work is continuing on the aqm and simple qos implementations,
the bulk of the work (see the codel list) is presently at the
fq_codel/codel layer below and it seems somewhat futile to be
scripting more on top of that right now.

(I won't object if people hack on simple_qos however - I do expect to
ultimately do better than openwrt qos that way)

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 6:06 PM, Maciej Soltysiak <maciej at soltysiak.com> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> Very nice! So far, the GUI didn't break after changing SSID which is
> positive ;-)
>
> For this release, what's the proper way to work with QoS?
> Editing simple_qos still and running it still?
>
> Regards,
> Maciej
>
> On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 8:08 AM, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm too tired to write up a full set of release notes, but I've been
>> testing it all day,
>> and it looks better than -10 and certainly better than -11, but I won't know
>> until some more folk sit down and test it, so here it is.
>>
>> http://huchra.bufferbloat.net/~cero1/3.3/3.3.8-17/
>>
>> fresh merge with openwrt, fix to a bind CVE, fixes for 6in4 and quagga
>> routing problems,
>> and a few tweaks to fq_codel setup that might make voip better.
>>
>> Go forth and break things!
>>
>> In other news:
>>
>> Van Jacobson gave a great talk about bufferbloat, BQL, codel, and fq_codel
>> at last week's ietf meeting. Well worth watching. At the end he outlines
>> the deployment problems in particular.
>>
>> http://recordings.conf.meetecho.com/Recordings/watch.jsp?recording=IETF84_TSVAREA&chapter=part_3
>>
>> Far more interesting than this email!
>>

>> --