[Cerowrt-devel] Raspberry Pi build

Robert Bradley robert.bradley1 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 14:07:38 EDT 2012

On 18/08/12 18:38, Dave Taht wrote:
> 2) I have no idea what wireless chip is in the pi, nor its current state. (?)

The Raspberry Pi has no built-in wireless chip, but using USB WiFi
adapters would be possible.
> 3) In order for things like fq_codel to have a hope of working well at
> the ethernet level, "Byte Queue Limits" (BQL) is *required*. I don't
> think any USB to ethernet adaptors have that yet, but I would welcome
> being wrong. And even if BQL worked over USB, we might have issues
> with the USB layer left to deal with... but BQL is easy to implement
> on native ethernet (6-8 lines of code or so)...
>
> I went looking through the source trees briefly and didn't find
> anything that jumped out at me. If you can point me to the right
> drivers I'll take a look. (and/or ask question 3 on a rasperry pi list
> for us?)

I did a bit of digging, and the Raspberry Pi uses the SMSC LAN9512 chip
for wired Ethernet
(http://www.smsc.com/media/Downloads_Public/Data_Sheets/9512.pdf). The
smsc95xx driver currently lacks BQL support, so that would need to be
added first.

--
Robert Bradley