[Cerowrt-devel] Bufferbloat at LUG talk - Meeting Report

Maciej Soltysiak maciej at soltysiak.com
Sun Dec 9 12:32:03 EST 2012

Excellent job Richard! Those slides are very clean and informative and you
got fantastic real life user reports!
Point #1 is very common: lots of behind-the-scenes javascript, buffering,
asynchronous requests, facebook chat box and updates, etc.

I was trying to make a mock conversation for the purpose of providing a
story backing up the debloating efforts so that end users realize better
what's going on. Please, guys, have a look and comment:
https://soltysiak.com/wiki/index.php/BB_dialog

Part 1 is an intro, also touching on tiered ISP services. Part 2 would be
what bufferbloat is all about. Part 3 is an outro to have the users have a
take-home message, also touching on DPI and other evil stuff ISPs do trying
to workaround the issues.

You can edit that wiki.

I couldn't post it on bufferbloat.net wiki because I don't seem to have
privilege to create new pages so I setup my own.

Regards,
Maciej