[Cerowrt-devel] pretty happy with cerowrt 3.6.9-5

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 15:58:02 EST 2012

ok, I've pounded 3 wndr3800s flat with a variety of tests, got openvpn
working, filed a bug or two, hacked on simple_qos,
and have used it as a default gw on both wired and wifi, meshed 'em
together, and made a lot of rrul graphs, pounding the machines flat
with 6 different boxes driving it all at once and never a hitch.

Also installed openvpn today, it "just worked". I see the tun driver
dropping a ton of packets but I'm unfamiliar with the correct
behavior... polipo works... can't remember what else I tried...

Remaining minuses...

- ipv6 is mostly untested - multiple things in flux there - but it
does work and route...
- bind-latest is eating 100% of cpu (dnsmasq is the default now anyway)
- gui is largely untested
- haven't got around to fixing minidlna

upcoming in 3.6.9-6 will be:

Ketan landed a patch for httpping to support tcp fast open
the new ipv6 scripts have landed
ccnx .7
better simple_qos script

So IF you don't need the above features and are feeling daring, go
ahead and give cerowrt 3.6.9-5 a little wider testing...

I am trying to get a little analysis done on very long RTTs...