[Cerowrt-devel] pretty happy with cerowrt 3.6.9-5

Richard Brown richard.e.brown at dartware.com
Tue Dec 11 21:18:54 EST 2012

A field report on 3.6.9-5. I installed it on my WNDR3700v2, then used my two configuration scripts to get it set, and it's working pretty well.

- I used a version of the config.sh script at http://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/cerowrt/wiki/Installation_Guide to enable SNMP and net flow. This seemed to work OK.

- I used a version of the tunnel.sh script at http://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/cerowrt/wiki/IPv6_Tunnel to enable IPv6 tunneling through to Hurricane Electric. The CeroWrt router itself gets an IPv6 address and can ping IPv6 addresses in the Internet as expected, local interfaces get a global address as well, but devices on the local interfaces do not get a global IPv6 address. If I read the release notes correctly, this is an expected result.

- Startup seems faster. Here's what I saw: It seems as if DNS resolution started faster, or am I just imagining it?

21:06:00 turned on power
21:07:38  Got IPv4 DHCP address on se00
21:08:00 DNS resolution to outside world started up

I haven't done any performance or latency testing, but I'm sending this email via the CeroWrt5 wireless interface.

Rich