[Cerowrt-devel] WNDR3700v4 is out...

David Lang david at lang.hm
Sun Dec 23 02:27:37 EST 2012

On Thu, 20 Dec 2012, Richard Brown wrote:

> The wndr3700v4 is out, and appears to be a good hardware upgrade from
> the 3800 series, but it's not supported by openwrt yet.
>
> I took a look at their GPL source distribution. And yea! it's openwrt.
> And boo! it's ancient openwrt, for example dnsmasq is 2.39 (current is
> 2.64), and their kernel is 2.6.31.
>
> I think the cpu and ethernet chips tho look a lot better: Atheros
> AR9344+ AR9580(5GHz)+AR9344(2.4GHz). It's my hope these do ipv6
> better.
>
> I found a WNDR3700v4 at the local Staples for $99.99. I wasn't brave enough to buy it. Here's an image of the box so you can recognize it...

I've purchased one, but I don't have the openwrt experiance to bootstrap this. I
have built my own openwrt images for the 3700v2 and 3800 and have been using
Linux since the 0.99 kernel days, so I am very comfortable mucking with kernel
compile options.

If someone is willing to coach me through the process, I'd be happy to do the
experimentation.

David Lang