[Cerowrt-devel] WNDR3700v4 is out...

Richard Brown richard.e.brown at dartware.com
Thu Dec 20 16:21:50 EST 2012

Dave Täht wrote:

As for cero's future, well...

The wndr3700v4 is out, and appears to be a good hardware upgrade from
the 3800 series, but it's not supported by openwrt yet.

I took a look at their GPL source distribution. And yea! it's openwrt.
And boo! it's ancient openwrt, for example dnsmasq is 2.39 (current is
2.64), and their kernel is 2.6.31.

I think the cpu and ethernet chips tho look a lot better: Atheros
AR9344+ AR9580(5GHz)+AR9344(2.4GHz). It's my hope these do ipv6
better.

I found a WNDR3700v4 at the local Staples for $99.99. I wasn't brave enough to buy it. Here's an image of the box so you can recognize it...

http://www.bufferbloat.net/attachments/download/149/WNDR3700v4.png

Best,

Rich