[Cerowrt-devel] bql-27 smoketest released, with... BQL, SFQRED, etc

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 00:46:41 EST 2012

please note that I AM putting regular builds up in bql-smoketests
but unless I announce them here, I'd advise steering clear...

On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 6:34 AM, Richard Brown
<richard.e.brown at dartware.com> wrote:
> Dave,
>
>> I note that the default AQM is rather lame now. I am working on a
>> replacement,and gui for it, but won't be done for at least a week.
>> PLEASE feel free to try it as is...
>
> OK. Thanks.
>
>>> - Does the Onboard Documentation
>>> (http://jupiter.lab.bufferbloat.net/cerowrt/about.html) accurately reflect
>>> what is in the bql-27 build? (The Read This First page asserts this.)
>>
>> I have no idea right now.
>
> I understand. The worst part is that the main About... page refers to Ocean City. Perhaps the last two paragraphs should simply say,

To me 'Ocean City' was the rc6 build.

Mentally 'Paris' is the upcoming build.

I would like to get away from the 'rc' nomenclature. I'm open to a new
naming and numbering scheme for sure.

> ---
> This is a stable build of the bql series of CeroWrt from February 2012. For more information on CeroWrt, please see the "CeroWrt Wiki":http://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/cerowrt/wiki
> ---
>
>> We need to take a major pass through the onboard doc
>> (I'd like better css on that too), but I have assiduously
>> resisted making any big decisions regarding the final
>> core feature set until now, and I don't want to
>> think about doc until that settles down.
>>
>> I only have two 'features' left to add - and that's dhcp6-pd support
>> and better ipv6 support overall. I'd like to implement rfc4193
>> support,AND get that working on gw.home.lan as well.
>>
>> Then there is the gui and aqm work...
>
> Great.
>
>>> - Would it be possible to get fprobe added into the bql-27 packages?
>>
>> Sorry, I had to rebase that build (again) and hadn't
>> checked the new package database into the build tree.
>>
>> fprobe or fprobe-ulog? I'll build both but only want
>> to include one.
>
> fprobe is fine.

OK, added in my messy builds, and will be there permanently in the future.

>> I am not planning a truly working new build or package set
>> for a week or so, either, sorrry.
>
> That's OK.
>>

>>> - When I'm looking at the web GUI, I have a hard time remembering which
>>> build I was using e.g., r29957 for the bql-27 build. As a workaround, it
>>> might be enough to include the build number  somewhere (as a file name?) in
>>> the download directory.
>>> (http://huchra.bufferbloat.net/~cero1/bql-smoketests/bql-27/)
>>
>> I will start writing /etc/openwrt-version in the next builds.
>
> Perfect.
>
>> I note that the bql series is just that (and it took me 23 attempts to
>> eventually get bql working), and it isn't tied
>> to a rc, or plan, at all. It was my way of dismissing the
>> externalities and fixing bufferbloat more than anything else.
>>
>> While I was doing that, nearly all the fixes required to meet
>> rc7's original feature plan arrived...
>
> There is so much noise about rc7 & rc8 in the wiki/site. Perhaps it's better simply to jump to a name/version not already mentioned?

yes, see above. suggestions welcomed.

> I also note that a lot of the stuff from the wiki could be promoted to the Overview, Roadmap, and Activity, and News parts of the main CeroWrt site... I'm happy to do that but don't have access right now.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Rich

SKYPE: davetaht
US Tel: 1-239-829-5608