[Cerowrt-devel] bql-27 smoketest released, with... BQL, SFQRED, etc

Richard Brown richard.e.brown at dartware.com
Wed Feb 1 08:18:16 EST 2012

Dave,

>> Mentally 'Paris' is the upcoming build.

Then we should build on this. I'll propose this description:

The "Paris" build has an excellent first-cut at eliminating the problems caused by bufferbloat. It may not be the final word on the subject, but it's a serious stake in the ground. Subsequent major releases (with further improvements) will have some other city name.

>> I would like to get away from the 'rc' nomenclature. I'm open to a new
>> naming and numbering scheme for sure.

It has always been confusing to have the profusion of directories in http://huchra.bufferbloat.net/~cero1/ I know the reasons, but simplification would help. Maybe we should just have two:
 - Paris
 - OlderBuilds

The Paris directory contains current stuff. There can be Stable and Development subdirectories. Once we get something that's pretty good, we move it to the Stable directory that people can use with safety. Development gets whatever untested, unstable version that's currently in source control.

The OlderBuilds just contains the set of directories that are currently at the top level. They're for historical interest only.

Does this work?

Rich