[Cerowrt-devel] this week's update

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 10:36:11 EST 2012

as noted earlier, I'm travelling through next week so I can't report
much progress directly...

haven't touched the 'bql' series and may not return to it
linux kernel 3.3-rc5 had a bug fixed shortly after it's release that
kept it from cross compiling, so current builds are still 3.3rc4
based.
latest dnsmasq also had an issue, I've reverted
dibbler-client has improved

Y'all might be amused by where I am at the moment:

http://esr.ibiblio.org/?p=4162

trying to pull together some pieces of the 'cosmic background
bufferbloat detector' idea. I do have ntp gathering time now from a
gps on the router, but the @#! PPS portion (to get hyper-accurate
time) is not working... and as for data collection and graphing the
results I've got nowhere as yet (anybody interested in a cool
sub-project?)

I am hoping to do a bit of analysis of FIOS while I'm in eric's
basement and improve the aqm and debloat scripts somewhat, and
assuming that goes well, come out with a cerowrt-3.3rc4-3 sometime
before I get on my next plane thursday night.

http://huchra.bufferbloat.net/~cero1/3.3/

I would recomend avoiding rc4-1 and rc4-2 at this point.

SKYPE: davetaht
US Tel: 1-239-829-5608
http://www.bufferbloat.net