[Cerowrt-devel] bql-27 smoketest released, with... BQL, SFQRED, etc

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 17:38:52 EST 2012

I have finally got the new stuff from linux-3.3 (BQL and various
ehancements to RED, aRED, and SFQ)
backported to linux-3.2.2, as well as got nearly all the original
features originally intended for rc7 working.

http://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/cerowrt/wiki/BQL_series_release_notes

As noted in the link above, most bufferbloat related bottlenecks are
no longer on the router, the wack-a-mole has
moved to clients in nearly all cases.

So...

This is the first version that I'd like people to try as a real home
gateway, so as to settle whatever the
final feature set would be, take some last minute requests, find new
bugs, etc....

The next announced release after this will hopefully be truly useful
as a home gateway.

SFQ is enabled by default on ALL interfaces, wired and wireless.

I have an ongoing concern that the new SFQ may well be 'too improved'
as to cause resource
starvation with certain kinds of flows, and precious little time to address it.

SKYPE: davetaht
US Tel: 1-239-829-5608
http://www.bufferbloat.net