[Cerowrt-devel] bql-27 smoketest released, with... BQL, SFQRED, etc

Richard Brown richard.e.brown at dartware.com
Tue Jan 31 22:42:17 EST 2012

Dave,

I have finally got the new stuff from linux-3.3 (BQL and various
ehancements to RED, aRED, and SFQ)
backported to linux-3.2.2, as well as got nearly all the original
features originally intended for rc7 working.

http://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/cerowrt/wiki/BQL_series_release_notes

Congratulations! This is fantastic news. I've burned it into my router at home, and I'm getting ready to replace my DD-WRT on a WRT54GL. A few comments/questions:

- gw.home.lan is working again (and by extension, I suppose bind is, as well). I have removed the notes about DNS not working from the wiki.

- Does the Onboard Documentation (http://jupiter.lab.bufferbloat.net/cerowrt/about.html) accurately reflect what is in the bql-27 build? (The Read This First page asserts this.)

- I have added a page that talks about turning on monitoring: SNMP and NetFlow, if only to jog my memory of what I need to do it: (http://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/cerowrt/wiki/Monitoring_CeroWrt)

- Would it be possible to get fprobe added into the bql-27 packages?

- When I'm looking at the web GUI, I have a hard time remembering which build I was using e.g., r29957 for the bql-27 build. As a workaround, it might be enough to include the build number  somewhere (as a file name?) in the download directory. (http://huchra.bufferbloat.net/~cero1/bql-smoketests/bql-27/)

Best,

Rich Brown
Hanover, NH