[Cerowrt-devel] no 3.3.8-4 yet

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 12:52:35 EDT 2012

One thing that might work better from my perspective is breaking
things into a string of "dev" releases and then trying to do CI on
them more automatedly without any testing by me.

...except when I break the package db with the new opkg support, and
the fw rules aren't forwarding right right now

I really hate to waste other people's time with stuff that is entirely
untested however. My overall policy has been to integrate the release,
adding new features, bug fixes, etc, then testing for at least 24
hours on several routers including my main one, then do an
announcement that it was "safe" to try it, with what the new features
are. Lately people have been beating me to the announcements...

That said, cutting that cycle down would speed matters up and reduce
my workload.  I feel that if I establish a clear "dev" vs "somewhat
safe for real use" set of builds things would go faster for everyone,
and those that really want to be on the utterly bleeding edge can be.

Does that work?