[Cerowrt-devel] closer ties to ltsi?

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 05:33:25 EST 2012

Dear Greg:

What ltsi is up to:

http://ltsi.linuxfoundation.org/what-is-ltsi

is orthogonal to what we are up to, in that they are trying to produce
a usable, stable tree that can be used in a lot of CE devices, and we
are trying to push the bleeding edge in finding, fixing, and testing
things that would be good to have deployed in a lot of CE devices at
least on the bufferbloat, security, and network - especially ipv6 -
fronts.

How to faster get stuff from "R&D" to deployment is always on my mind.
I'm very happy to be successfully tracking the 3.3 process 'live' at
the moment with cerowrt. I imagine the next 'stable'
kernel chosen will be 3.3 or 3.4 based.

How to  make bloatlab #1 more effective and useful is currently on my
mind, as I'm plan to rebuild it when I get back to california next
week. While there's a great deal of gear under test, we could do
better, and certainly having some automation and a good test suite is
something I wanted to have in operation by now, and don't, as BQL +
SFQRED etc really need some serious exercising.

ltsi seems to have a lot of hw vendor support, we have a growing
amount of ISP interest...

SKYPE: davetaht
US Tel: 1-239-829-5608
http://www.bufferbloat.net